BEST MONTHS TO TRAVEL
Rwanda is a year-round travel destination.
However, the dry months run Dec to Feb and June to October.
Since most of this itinerary occurs above 2000m / 6500ft, the wet months can be cold and wet.
HOTELS & LODGES
Active Africa offers a selection of preferred hotels and lodges that are designed to fit your budget and travel style. However, often there are many places where we travel where options are very limited, or where we feel either the location or the experience offered by a particular property is quintessential to the experience, in which case we use these properties across both Premium and Classic itineraries.
Our Premium range of properties offer a stylishly unique African take on modern lodgings. From city hotels to countryside lodges, think African chic with expansive rooms, slick service, creative cuisine, engaging wine lists, high thread counts, and all the other modern conveniences associated with the luxury lodging experience.
- Kigali (2 nights) : Kigali Serena – Prime Rooms
- Volcanoes National Park (2 nights) : Singita Kwitonda Lodge
Often selected more for their regional character and location than as a cost-effective alternative, our Classic range of properties tick all the boxes associated with good lodgings. Expect great service, character filled comfortable rooms and delicious locally sourced meals to weave a common theme, while the stunning African landscape elevates your stay from the memorable to the sublime.
Premium & Classic Itineraries
- Private 4×4 vehicle for the duration of the experience, including fuel & tolls.
- Active Africa-approved local English-speaking, professional driver/guide, experienced local walking and canoeing guides.
- Welcome cocktails and trip briefing on arrival night.
- Your choice of Premium or Classic grade accommodation for 4 nights on a per person sharing basis
- 4 Breakfast, 3 Lunch & 3 Dinners, including hot beverages, bottled water & service gratuities.
- National Park fees and activity costs.
- All equipment for activities as listed (canoes & associated equipment, backpacks, walking poles, water bottles).
- Bottled mineral water on activities & vehicles
- Meal & accommodation per diems for the trip crew.
- Airport transfer on departure
Premium priced from USD 4725.00 per person sharing
Classic priced from USD 3500.00 per person sharing
This itinerary is available as a Private Departure operating on a minimum of 1 or 2 guests and can be tailored to your specific requirements if required – contact your Active Africa Travel planner for details.
YOU SHOULD KNOW
- This trip is graded Moderate. Harder grading is determined by the location of the gorilla family you are visiting – some can be easily accessible close to the park boundaries, but others may require extended hikes into thick vegetation on the slopes of the volcano. In addition, note that the Volcanoes National Park is at an altitude of above 2000m asl. – participants should be aware of the physical requirements of this experience.
- Due to the limited number of Gorilla Tracking Permits being in high demand, we strongly suggest confirming your arrangements at least 6 months in advance
- This programme is not suitable for children under the age of 16.
- We cannot control the weather – this is an outdoor, nature based itinerary and indoor alternatives are limited, if non-existent. Come prepared to be take on the elements if the weather is not playing fair.