Half-Day Table Mountain hike
Home > Day trips > Table Mountain and city > Half day Table Mountain hike
Depending on the fitness of travellers, a half day hike would typically take 4-5 hours.
In the summer months, we recommend hitting the lower slopes by 7am, but our default pick up time from hotels is 8am.
There is no need to book a specific route – our guides will discuss route options with the travellers. However, travellers are more than welcome to request a route.
Please use the arrows to scroll through the most popular short routes below the video.
Please contact your DMC for rates
If you are a DMC, please contact us for agent rates if you do not have them
We offer scaled rates for groups of up to 6 guests per guide. Larger groups are quoted on, based on the route selected.
National park conservation fees and cableway tickets are added, nett and non-commissionable
Agents can opt to include single or return cableway tickets, when booking, regardless of the route selected. This offers flexibility to clients on the day of the trip.
Private, qualified mountain walking and culture guide
Private return transfers
Personal water bottle to keep
Trail snacks, tea/coffee and refreshments
Use of safety and walking equipment to supplement client equipment (backpacks, jackets, poles, pouches are provided)
Cable car ticket (single or return)
- A festive season surcharge of ZAR300 per trip is applicable between 20 December & 5 January
- Operation of the cable car is beyond our control and it can close at any stage due to inclement weather. In this event we are required to walk off the mountain – an additional 2hrs of hiking. Please ensure guests are aware of this.
- A recommended kit list is available on request.
- Picnic lunch replaces the cable car ticket during annual cableway maintenance period
- NOTE THAT THE CABLE WAY WILL NOT BE CLOSING FOR MAINTENANCE IN 2021. THIS WILL BE DONE OUTSIDE OF OPERATING HOURS
Please download our fact sheet for more information: